" /> MoI Reacts to US Report on Children Recruitment, Abuse in Security Forces - Sahar News
Home / Afghanistan / MoI Reacts to US Report on Children Recruitment, Abuse in Security Forces
MoI rejects US report about children recruitment, abuse in security forces

MoI Reacts to US Report on Children Recruitment, Abuse in Security Forces

KABUL – The Ministry of Interior Affairs (MoI) on Sunday said efforts were underway to prevent recruitment of underage persons in the police force across the country.
The US State Department recently published a report that claimed under 18 years old persons continued to be recruited by Afghan security forces and such persons were sexually abused.
In a statement, the MoI said a department has been created namely “Inside Security Department” to prevent the appointment of underage people in police ranks and to observe the process as well.
The statement said the MoI had made an application to control underage recruitment in police and so far 80 percent of police personnel have been registered in the system.
(Sahar News)

Check Also

Deh Yak District Police Chief Killed in a Mine Blast

Deh Yak District Police Chief Killed in a Mine Blast

GHAZNI – Ghazni’s Deh Yak district police chief, Habibullah, was killed in a roadside mine …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *