Home / World / Pakistan Reports 1,000 Confirmed Cases of Coronavirus
Pakistan

Pakistan Reports 1,000 Confirmed Cases of Coronavirus

ISLAMABAD – Pakistan on Wednesday reported 1,000 confirmed cases of coronavirus, according to the national scoreboard.
The dashboard showed that new cases had been reported in Baluchistan, Sindh, Islamabad and Gilgit Baltistan.
The government spokesman for Balochistan confirmed that five new cases had been reported in the province, bringing the number to 115.
“The number of confirmed cases in the province now stands at 115 after five new cases have been identified in the quarantine of Taftan,” added the spokesman.
Three new cases have been reported in Sindh, while one new case has been reported each in Gilgit-Baltistan and Islamabad.
Sindh remains the province most affected by a coronavirus in the country so far, with a total of 413 cases of coronavirus.
In Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the number of cases in the province is 78, while the number of cases reported in Gilgit-Baltistan is 81.
In Islamabad, 16 patients were confirmed to have contracted the virus, in Punjab 296 and one in Azad Jammu and Kashmir.
The country also reported seven deaths from the virus, with the Punjab reporting its first death on Tuesday. Balochistan on Sunday reported its first death, a 65-year-old man while undergoing treatment at Fatima Jinnah Chest hospital.
Earlier, a Gilgit Baltistan doctor was the fifth death in the country.
On Friday, Dr. Shah Zaman, a senior official in the health department and head of the British government for the coronavirus, told The News that the doctor who had screened pilgrims suspected of returning from Iran was positive.
On Sunday, March 22, Advisor to the Chief Information Minister, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Ajmal Wazir, announced the country’s fourth death from the virus in a media interview.
Wazir said test results for a woman who arrived from Taftan and transferred to Dera Ismail Khan had turned positive today, making her the third coronavirus death in the province.
On March 20, Pakistan recorded its third death from the virus. Sindh’s Minister of Health, Dr. Azra Fazal Pechuho, has confirmed the death of a 77-year-old COVID-19 patient in the province.
Two KP patients tested positive for the coronavirus were the first deaths in the country.
(Sahar News Monitoring Desk)

Check Also

Turkey Rejects European Parliament Resolution on Cyprus

Turkey Rejects European Parliament Resolution on Cyprus

ANKARA – Turkey on Friday rejected a “non-binding” European Parliament (EP) resolution against Turkey and …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *