Home / World / Israel Behind Explosion At Iran’s Natanz Nuclear Site, New York Times Claims
Israel behind explosion at Iran’s Natanz nuclear site, New York Times claims

Israel Behind Explosion At Iran’s Natanz Nuclear Site, New York Times Claims

TEHRAN – The blackout of the electricity distribution network at a nuclear site in Natanz in Iran was caused by an explosion organized by Israel, the New York Times (NYT) said in its report citing sources on Sunday.
The power outage was apparently caused by an intentionally planned explosion, the report said, adding that US and Israeli intelligence sources claimed Israel played a role in the crash.
According to two NYT sources, a major explosion completely destroyed the independent and well-guarded energy system that kept the underground uranium enrichment centrifuges running. The sources claimed that a clandestine Israeli operation severely damaged Iran’s uranium enrichment capabilities. Full recovery of operations at Natanz may take at least 10 months, the report said.
It is not known whether the Biden administration was aware of Israel’s plans, the New York Times reported.
The US State Department declined to comment on the NYT report. The White House and the Pentagon have yet to respond to inquiries.
Earlier Sunday, Iranian officials reported that a power outage was recorded at the Natanz site, adding that there had been no casualties or environmental damage. The head of the Iranian Atomic Energy Organization (IAEO), Ali Akbar Salehi, called the accident a “demonstration of nuclear terrorism”.

Check Also

Qureshi

Kashmir is Not India’s Personal Matter: Qureshi

ISLAMABAD – Pakistani Foreign Minister, Shah Mahmood Qureshi, on Monday said: “Nothing about Jammu and …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *