Home / World / US and Brazil Failed to Take Warnings About COVID-19 Seriously from the Start: WHO
WHO Says US and Brazil Failed to Take

US and Brazil Failed to Take Warnings About COVID-19 Seriously from the Start: WHO

GENEVA – The United States and Brazil both refused to take seriously the alerts provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) right from the outset of the coronavirus epidemic, Margaret Harris, an international agency spokeswoman, told a simulated briefing Tuesday.
The United States officially records 1,298,287 reported coronavirus infections as well as 78,652 casualties, rendering the United States the leading country in terms of both outbreak figures and fatalities.
US President Trump has repeatedly been accused of downplaying the threat of coronavirus infection, with critics claiming he missed opportunities in the early stages of the epidemic to introduce more stringent measures to stop the spread of the virus.
According to the WHO, Brazil has reported 162,699 cases and 11,123 deaths so far making it the seventh worst-hit country.
Similar to Trump, Brazil’s President Bolsonaro has been accused by his critics of refusing to treat the epidemic of coronavirus seriously.
Bolsonaro has repeatedly dismissed the coronavirus as “the flu” and continued to meet the public after a March trip to the United States that saw 20 members of his COVID-19 delegation contract.
(Sahar News Monitoring Desk)

Check Also

Greece, Turkey Launch Mediterranean Crisis Talks After 5 Years

Greece, Turkey Launch Mediterranean Crisis Talks After 5 Years

ATHENS, Greece – Greece and Turkey on Monday started exploratory talks in Istanbul – after …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *